Wednesday, 14 April 2010

Radical Sydney: Places, Portraits and Unruly Episodes

I am excited about reading this book before long: Radical Sydney: Places, Portraits and Unruly Episodes by Terry Irving and Rowan Cahill

This book touches on both things I'm interested in for my thesis and things I did in the long distant past before it .[Before I decided to do my thesis in educational history I was keen on urban history and particularly Sydney - and wrote work on Sydney's AWA tower, on Norman Lindsay's women (bohemian Sydney) and a history of New Year's Eve in Sydney see http://usyd.academia.edu/HannahForsyth/Papers]

Also, the authors Terry Irving and Rowan Cahill both have cameo roles in my thesis due to their involvement in the period of student radicalism (and its impact on university knowledge) which is the subject of a chapter in the middle of it all. For their sake I hope everyone buys a copy!

No comments: