Sunday, 28 October 2007

Distance running

An earlier draft of a paper I have just submitted for review is here http://docs.google.com/Doc?docid=dfqggshp_4hs4kgn&hl=en

This sort of thing really succeeds in making my job more difficult, but I am hopeful that as we look at the issues we deal with in distance education in a non-DE place like the one I work in, we'll be able to make things better.

I have really enjoyed working with a wide range of colleagues lately, on describing distance education, figuring out what makes it different, what makes it fit and not-fit at a University like ours and what (to an extraordinarily specific level) could change that would make it better for distance students and staff.

This paper is the first finished of two that I've been working on plus some internal politicking.

No comments: